Greet your out of town wedding guests with a welcome bag or basket filled with goodies to thank them for joining you and your fiancé for your wedding day…however far they travelled!
If your guest list is filled with out of towners, make sure to reserve a room block for your guests at a local hotel close to your wedding venue or downtown (close to all the tourist attractions) and be sure to include this information on your wedding invitation or website. When guests check into their room, surprise them with a thoughtful care package or have the front desk hand them out to each guest as they check-in.
*Make sure to check with the hotel beforehand and make these arrangement, some hotels charge a fee for deliveries to each room.*
Photo credit: www.canadiandesignresource.ca
What to include:
– Thank you Note: A hand written note thanking them for coming – how about a postcard of the city!
– Maps: a map of the city with tourist attractions & the subway system
– Emergency contact information: Assign someone from your family or bridal party to be “on-call” for any emergency questions or help
– Wedding itinerary: Include information for the wedding day (ceremony time & location) and any other pre-wedding event they are a part of like the wedding rehearsal dinner, brunch, etc.
– Food: Include a fruit or snack and a local delicacy or treat (especially if guests are coming from outside of Canada)
– Drink: Include a bottle of water or maybe some local wine
– Bag or basket: you will need something to hold all these goodies! A canvas or paper bag or basket works best. Include your wedding colours, wedding date or monogram!
This is a great time to use your wedding colours and theme to get your guests ready for the fabulous wedding to come!